SANTORINI PROPOSALS ON ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING ISLAND OF GREECE
Santorini, known since ancient times as Thira, is one of the most famous islands in the world and has perfeck locations for unforgetable for Santorini proposals events. The fact that you can sit in front of the caldera, enjoy local dishes, a drink or a coffee while gazing at the remarkable beauty of an active volcano is priceless!
The island is actually a group of islands and you can propose to any of those Islands consisting of Thira, Thirassia, Aspronissi, Palea and Nea Kameni in the southernmost part of the Cyclades.
Santorini’s volcano is one of the few active volcanoes on Greek and European land The islands that form Santorini came into existence as a result of intensive volcanic activity; twelve huge eruptions occurred, one every 20,000 years approximately, and each violent eruption caused the collapse of the volcano’s central part creating a large crater (caldera). The volcano, however, managed to recreate itself over and over again.
- One of the most popular village for Santorini proposals is Oia Village with amazing spot to see the sunset and take beautiful pictures.
- The archaeological sites in Santorini is Akrtotiri where it has the oldest archaeological museum and that is another location that you can organized your Santorini proposals; The Pompeii of the Aegean.
- Ancient Thira is also very popular to visit as it was built in the 8th century B.C. and has an incredible view.
- Emporeio casteli is the best well-preserved castle in the island which will give you an unforgettable walking experience.
- Pyrgos Casteli travels you back in time to discover how the castle of Pyrgos was with the unique churches and amazing view.
We also recommend you to try the top 8 most popular activities on the island.
- Book your sunset Santorini proposal on the cliff overlooking the volcano
- Make reservation for your santorini wedding during your vacation in Greece with your family of just the two of you with low cost wedding packages
- Book your Santorini flying dress photo shoot with a professional photographer
- Cruising the caldera! Its’ one of the most popular activities that everybody likes to be part of in Santorini. We can also book this for you and your guests as a pr-proposal or after Santorini proposal excursion and give you the opportunity to enjoy cruising the caldera.
- Santorini is also famous for its wine. We can arrange private tours for you to enjoy the most popular wineries in the island and taste the local wine.
- All day tour. This is a very popular tour which gets you to explore the island on a bus and visit the main hot spots in Santorini and you can also organize an surprise Santorini proposal during this tour. We can also arrange this for you as a private tour.
- Hiking! If you like walking, Santorini is the perfect island to go exploring. One of the most popular hikes is from Fira to Oia. This path will lead you to the amazing scenery and will get you to walk along the famous cliffs and have an exciting hiking experience.
- Also one of the most unforgettable experiences will be to enjoy a small Airplaine ride to explore the island from up above!
SANTORINI CLIMATE INFORMATION
The climate of Santorini, the largest and southernmost of the Cyclades, is typically Mediterranean, with mild and rainy winters, and warm and sunny summers. The Cyclades (which include islands like Delos, Mykonos, Paros and Ios) are located in the Aegean Sea. Here are the average temperatures:
SANTORINI ISLAND TEMPERATURE AVERAGES
The rainfall pattern is typically Mediterranean, so that the rains are concentrated in autumn and winter, in particular from October to March. In practice, it rains very rarely from April to September, and almost never in summer, from June to August. The length of the dry season makes the landscape arid. The interior is largely flat, but there is also a hill, Mount Profitis Ilias, 567 metres (1,860 feet) high.
PRECIPITATION Here is the average precipitation:
In the warm season, starting from May, the Cyclades (Santorini too) are particularly affected by the Meltemi, a wind that blows from the north, persistently and in periods lasting a few days. This wind is able to make the air feel cooler than it is, but it can be also annoying and make the sea rough. In winter, from December to mid-March, temperatures are generally mild, but waves of bad weather, with wind and rain, cannot be excluded. Sometimes there can be cold days, with the north wind blowing, and maximum temperatures remaining below 10 °C (50 °F). In spring, from mid-March to May, the weather is mild, and it gradually becomes more stable, with rain becoming gradually less frequent. Summer, from June to mid-September, is warm and sunny. The wind almost always makes the heat bearable, although sometimes there can be some short heat waves of African origin. Autumn, from mid-September to November, is initially warm and sunny, but then the first rains occur, and with each passing week they become more frequent. In autumn there may be many sunny days, but the rains in this season can sometimes be abundant. The amount of sunshine in Santorini is great in summer, when clear skies are the norm. In winter, periods of bad weather, with cloudy skies, alternate with sunny periods.
Santorini Island information The sea is warm enough for swimming from July to September, reaching a maximum of 24 °C (75 °F) in August: therefore it is not very warm, but it is acceptable. Here are the average sea temperatures:
SANTORINI SEA TEMPERATURE AVERAGES
SUNSET TIME IN SANTORINI (PER MONTH)
Santorini Sunset April: 19:50pm until 20:15pm May: 20:15pm until 20:40pm June: 20:40pm until 20:51pm July: 20:50pm until 20:35pm August: 20:34pm until 19:56pm September: 19:54om until 19:09pm October: 19:08pm until 17:27pm November: 17:26pm until 17:06pm